Since 1881, the Episcopal Conference of the deaf has been the National Organization promotion the Episcopal Church’s ministry among Deaf people. Your membership does several important things:
- It strengthens existing ministries and helps begin new ones
- It supports interpreter services for Deaf students in seminaries
- It provides workshops for clergy and lay people
- It publishes a newsletter, The Deaf Episcopalian
- It supports our web sites
- It provides support of Episcopal Ministry at Gallaudet University
Each year, the Episcopal Conference of the Deaf asks each of its affiliated congregations or ministry to contribute $10 per person, for the work of the ECD. We would greatly appreciate your contribution.
Our Editor, Deacon Preston Colangelo is hard at work, gathering latest news from our churches across the country for the Deaf Episcopalian.